Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Last week before the first race

My apologies, those last two posts were posted in the wrong order.

Now then, onto the running part. I am actually glad to start the season later. I don't think that having more time to get in shape and get mentally prepared before the first race could possibly do any harm, really. Part of me was nervous for this meet 1. Because it's a race and I get nervous typically and 2. We had a very hard week last week and I thought I would be dead the second my race started. But this week has treated me fairly well. I can tell that I have been getting back into shape because I feel so much better even during hard sprint workouts and tempo-runs. My coach even told me that he noticed that my endurance has been getting higher in the last 2 weeks. And as of now our first meet is, most likely, on Tuesday the 11th against Bedford. Bedford always used to worry me because they "were" D1. But ever since last year when the seniors left in 2014, they have never been the same, frankly we've been able to beat them in Cross Country and Track because they lost all of their good runners. The only team we go up against that has had us pinned down from the very start is Concord-Carlisle; if anything our team only beat them last year because they only brought their freshman. Non of the upper-classmen were allowed to compete because they all got suspended from school for being caught with drugs and alcohol at a party by one of their parents. Plus, CC has the legendary Thomas Ratcliffe, with a 4:13 mile and a 9:06 2-mile; he has qualified for the state championship in every running event for every distance every year. I don't know how he does it but this is his senior year too, and it will be a very long time before CC has another runner like him. It was like we were when we lost Matt Herzig in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment